Nutrition Therapy is a therapeutic, holistic approach to help manage existing health problems and ideally prevent them before they start!
Because the focus is on uncovering and addressing the root causes and contributing factors to existing health issues and bothersome symptoms, the impact is long-lasting. Clients feel significant benefit, improved energy, focus and concentration, reduction or complete resolution of symptoms, improved sleep, decreased inflammation, and the list goes on… while promoting optimal health and well-being.
There are no diet books, “blanket” recommendations or “one size, fits all” approaches here. Our nutritional needs are linked with our biological diversity. This is why what works for one person might not work for another. There’s only one YOU and your nutritional needs are unique.
The nutritionist utilizes a functional approach to tailor the nutrition guidance to meet your needs. Lab findings identifying clinical imbalances and nutrient insufficiencies, body composition, lifestyle, medical conditions, family history, health goals, schedule, ability and time for food preparation, budget and availability of foods, preferences, and support available - all are taken into consideration to make guidance as specific and practical as possible.
+ I’m not sure if I need this service. How can I find out more?
Please contact the nutritionist at 267-357-0054 or firstname.lastname@example.org discuss your health goals and find out how nutrition guidance can benefit you.
+ What do I need to do to schedule an appointment?
Call 267-357-0054 or email email@example.com schedule your first session. It is necessary to complete the health questionnairethat is provided to you and submit it to the nutritionist one week prior to your first session. Please also provide any recent blood test resultsyou may have.
+ Is there follow up?
Yes! As often as desired! Follow up is necessary in order to monitor progress and evaluate how the plan is working for you. Adjustments to your plan would be made as needed.
+ Who needs a nutritionist?
Anyone would benefit from an individualized nutrition plan but especiallythose who are experiencing:
· Adverse food reactions- allergies, intolerances, sensitivities
· Arthritis, joint pain
· Attention issues, depression, anxiety, insomnia, behavioral problems
· Digestive issues- including IBS, IBD, celiac disease, leaky gut, dysbiosis
· Fatigue, fibromyalgia
· Headaches, migraines
· Skin problems- acne, eczema
· Weight management struggles, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, pre-diabetes
What advanced testing is offered?
If further testing is recommended, the nutritionist may suggest assessing for
· Food sensitivities
· Your genetic makeup- specifically genesthat are related to your risk for celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, detoxification ability, weight management ability, your response to exercise, how you age, and absorption of micronutrients.
· Micronutrient analysis- vitamin and mineral status at the cellular level
· Bio-electrical impedance analysis- body composition (fat/fat free weight) measurement/monitoring
+ What are the qualifications of the nutritionist providing nutrition therapy?
Over 30 years of experience providing nutrition guidance to thousands of people of all ages.
RDN- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
IFNCP- Integrative and Functional Nutrition Certified Practitioner
CCN- Certified Clinical Nutritionist
LDN- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist
CDE- Certified Diabetes Educator